Thursday, July 31, 2008

Be careful of what you ask for......

Wouldn't you love to find this as you walk outside your basement door !! I stopped in my tracks and had a ridiculous " Oh my god !" moment. My kids and I watched from the window calling daddy to see when he would get home and what to do. My husband just so happens to have a friend who is very well versed in the snake world ( can you imagine !) , so he is stopping by after work. My littlest says" Mommy we were having such a great day and now this ...." . Hopefully my fear stricken reaction will not permanently effect him ( I hate snakes.... I just do ). My older son had a very Indiana Jones reaction and said " Get a sword or a big Knife!!" , neither available to his dismay. I know that snakes are good , and we should not fear them.... I just do not like them ( have I mentioned how much I do not like them!).

So my other thought....... my chipmunks that I complained about in early posts..... gone . I have not seen a one in days. I fear that the answer to the chipmunk problem is a big snake!!! How do I rid my snake problem???? Any thoughts? I leave you with this, Be careful of what you ask for. You may get what you want , but not in the way you would like!!!

Talk to you soon,

Courtney

2 comments:

e.beck.artist said...

ha!
cool snake ...
poor chipmunks.....

my brother studied reptiles in college ..... we always had pet snakes growing up ... they aren't so bad... i don't mind them at all.... wish you were my neighbor, i'd have come and saved you ...... my best tool for snake catching is a pillow case .....

here's to a snake free tomorrow ....

carissa... brown eyed fox said...

SERIOUSLY!!!
and that is not a little snake!

please tell me it has been killed! yes... i think it should be killed!
the world will be okay with it gone!

hurry i'll say a prayer for the dead snake! lol