Monday, April 26, 2010
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Part of my job as an artist is to invite you into my world. I struggle with this.... I like to be somewhat anonymous. I do realize I must try , so here are a few things about me......
1. I have long , straight , dark hair that is in a ponytail most days.
2. I will be 40 this year!!!!! Yikes!
3. I was a mod/goth/punk/funky gal back in the day.
4. I believe that I was a fisherman in another life that tragically drown and that explains my
deep rooted fear of open water in contrast with my love of living by the sea and obsession
with fish ( whew! ).
5. I associate all numbers with colors or rather I see colors when I look at numbers ( make
6. I once wanted to be friends with Molly Ringwald .
7. I still love watching 16 candles and pretty in pink!
8. I love music and wish I could sing ( I can not carry a tune to save my life).
9. I miss my mother everyday .
10. I would love to be a writer .
11. I would describe myself as simple yet I am very complicated.
12. I fear awkward silences and talk to fill them ( annoying I know!)
13. I have many quirky nuances and could be diagnosed with OCD
14. I wear a single silver band on my finger and pearl earrings
15. I wear a lot of black
16. A girl can never have too many jackets.
17. I love scarfs in any season
18. I wear glasses equally on , as off.
19. My greatest achievement is my beautiful boys!!!
20. I embrace my truth as flawed as it may be.
Nice to meet you!!!
Saturday, April 24, 2010
Friday, April 23, 2010
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
Sunday, April 18, 2010
I picked up these little numbers at my favorite tag sale spot!
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
I miss my art. I liked that I could define myself as an artist. It was something for me ..... it made me a person in the midst of my life as a mother and wife. If I was not working on my art , I was thinking about my art and future projects. Currently I can think of nothing but sleep.
I want those quiet moments when I could hear myself think..... now honestly , I do not think at all.... I am in go mode all the time.
This weekend is packed with Baseball, work, Birthday parties and more. Even if it kills me, I am going to squeeze in time to create...... I fear my mind will turn to mush if I do not.
Hopefully the glimpse of the old me will be back soon!!!
Saturday, April 10, 2010
Friday, April 9, 2010
Sunday, April 4, 2010
It is just before the sun goes down...... the boys are still playing outside. Dinner is done and dishes are put away. I can breathe a sigh of relief that another day is about to close and we are all still intact, with everything we need. Our cozy home, our full bellies...... our lovely life. We have each other, and we love and are loved. We ask for not a thing more.... and yet we get so much in return. I feel lucky ...... my heart can smile!
Talk to you soon,