Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Trouble Finding Home.......

These days I have had much trouble Finding Home. It seems I am just running in circles, totally in a good way , yet busy and exhausting at the same time. I have been in the kids school a lot, which I love, however I have been neglecting many things that make me feel a balance in my life. I have had to beg borrow and steal time to create more work. I know things will change once summer comes ( I hope! ). I am really excited about a few new things coming up. I am teaching a workshop through the Community action agency. The clients are families that have been without a home for whatever reason and now will be receiving housing. We will create a collage for them to keep in their home for inspiration and focus. This is a perfect chance for me to do volunteer work in the community and teach what I love! Win / Win !




Here is a sneak peak at a new piece.





Whitney this one is coming your way.... It will be available at The Muse in Frederick this week.





My little guy having fun at the Baltimore Zoo in the tree slide. A fun day!


I hope all is well with you..... off I go hoping to Find a little Home today!



Talk to you soon!


Courtney

3 comments:

Flor Larios Art said...

Your collage is looking great!
Have fun with your new project.

veronica said...

Courtney, I love your new piece, the one you subtitled "sneak peak". What kind of wood is that ?

Amanda said...

Hi,
I had no idea that you were an artist. I am thinking about signing my older girls up for the collage class at FCC and saw that you were teaching it, googled you and found your blog. I love your work...I have admired it in The Muse (as have my girls).
Amanda Mason
Tess's mom