Sunday, April 5, 2009

My boys are getting sooo big. They seem to grow by leaps and bounds everyday...... right before my eyes and it still seems just too fast.

I worried for so long that they would never be independent. They each had their little worries ... they seemed afraid to step away . I felt like perhaps I did not encourage them enough to take chances .... I blamed myself for the lack of confidence they seemed to have , I did not want the world to swallow them . I wanted to keep them close and safe for as long as I could. They both have slowly taken the steps and now they seem like they are running. Funny, I want them to be independent ...... however I secretly want them to really need me. I suppose it is a lesson in my own confidence and perhaps it is my fear that the world will swallow me. It is really about me not wanting to be alone.


It is really my children that are teaching..... and everyday I learn more and more.
My little boys , my little men , my little lights.


Talk to you soon,

Courtney

1 comment:

Shaina said...

I could have written this myself (except I have a girl and a boy)! So hard to let them fly free when all I want to do is hug them and keep them safe forever. It goes too fast!