Monday, January 12, 2009

Hmmmm.... 8yr. old boys and art???


Well, I volunteered myself to be in charge of the service project for my son's cub scout troop. We were making Valentines cards for the recipients of the meals on wheels program . They will get their card with their Valentines meal. I thought that I would do something easy like a collage heart. Very generic , nothing the boys could make inappropriate ( yes they are 8 and they are crazy wild at the meetings!!!).
Well............ they had more fun tearing up papers and somehow this kind sweet gesture became one of dinosaur ripping crazy destructive mayhem! In the end the cards looked very cute and still sweet. The people receiving them will never have to know how the process worked .
I will never again volunteer for a pack of wild 8 yr. old crazy little wolf cubs!!! Now I am saying this fresh off the experience....... I am a mom and yes I will be at the next meeting pencil in hand ready to do what I can for my son. Everyday has a chance to be brighter until the light fades ......
Right???
Talk to you soon,
Courtney

1 comment:

Tracy Nuskey Dodson said...

Oh gosh Courtney...I can just see it! Paper flying, laughing and giggling. What a brave girl you were. Whenever I go on field trips the teacher always gives me 5 boys to keep track of. It's always a nightmare but I always volunteer again. It's what us moms do:)

I love your new piece AND the music!
Tracy