Sunday, February 28, 2010

The number 6......

I just found this beautiful #6 in an etsy shop Vantagestudios . I am not sure where my obsession with numbers and letters came from.



It has become quite the OCD kinda thing. I have always had a weird thing with numbers. For instance , my name before being married was completely even ( I have a thing for even things).
First name 8, middle 4, last 8. I like even numbers and will change things to make them even often. I also associate colors with numbers. Although I love this 6.... it should be in a cool color. Even numbers are cool and odd are warm. That is not to say that a cool red can be even and a warm blue odd. Find this weird yet?? I also do the same thing with the alphabet, however it makes no rhythmic sense. A is even and cool but so is B and C is odd go figure.
In any case. I am trying to break this little confining and sometimes annoying cycle.... so I might just have to buy this #6 in its glorious orange hue after all.
Talk to you soon,
Courtney

3 comments:

Jennifer DeDonato said...

They are just very cool...great color for the six. How funny my word verification to post this was your last name!

Kim Hambric said...

I'm laughing, but I do understand letter and number obsessions.

I, however, work in groups of 5. If I find four of something I like, I'll have to find a 5th. I love the letter F, but E kind of bugs me (perhaps it has something to do with those old eye exams).

I find that orange six rather enticing.

Tam Hess said...

Oh YES! I know what you mean. I love the numbers 1 and 4 and 8 but not 2 or 3 or 6?? Why? Who knows! :) That #6 is great! xoxo