Saturday, March 8, 2008

New thoughts

Here is a 2nd piece in my new series " A room with a view ". I posted it and sold it quicker than I could blink. I am working on more and want to make prints . It is a real change for me . I am also working on a series of chairs ....... I think I am going to make these small and I love the idea that chairs take on the persona of people. So my thoughts are to have these be portraits in a sense. The chair will have its own personality and name ......... it will be fun for me. I like thinking hmmmm if my name were Estelle what would I wear!!!! I am a neutral kind of girl and wear no jewelry , so this will be a real departure for my personality.

I am so very tired today and am dreading turning the clocks ahead ......... I get very little sleep as it is and now I am taking one precious hour away!!!! The dark circles are getting harder to cover , especially in the morning. I fear that someone from my sons school will start whispering and the dreaded dark glasses will come out. Sometimes I wish I could borrow some time and keep it in a box for those days when you really need it. I think there was a song about this very thing........... only it was a bottle .

Enjoy your day ............ and keep your chin up . The lost hour just means more of the day to get those endless things done. Talk to you soon!

Courtney

2 comments:

noodle and lou said...

hooray for chairs!!! Just love this one Courtney...not surprised at all it sold so fast:)
xoxox...jenn

sUz said...

hi cOUrtNey!
Love where you are going in your work - the chair portrait is stunning!
iN jOy,
sUz