Monday, October 5, 2009

All about Fish.......

If you knew me.... you know my great love for fish. Trout to be specific. I have a beautifully illustrated book filled with watercolor images of Trout of the world. Call me crazy. In college I took a theatre production class and my final project was to design a set . I chose appropriately the one act play " Trout". It is a beautiful story of a man fishing for trout.... a simple pastime however deeply embedded with symbols of immortality , life , loss and the joy of having a brief moment to have an uninterrupted conversation with yourself.

So my fish series has begun....






Take a moment and find that way to catch up with a good freind..... YOU!!
Talk to you soon,
Courtney

6 comments:

We Blog Artists said...

I adore your work...
My dad was a fishmonger for 22 years so we've seen a lot of fish in our time!
They're beautiful your new collages...
I adore your work!
Have a great day...
Char

Cathy Nichols Art said...

These are beautiful, Courtney. And they are made even cooler by your longtime love of fish! I, personally, love swimming in the water. Very soothing.

julie king said...

hey! i recognize the fish from a couple of posts ago! love what you're doing with them!!

Tracy Nuskey Dodson said...

Great paintings Courtney! The lino-cut came out great. Can't wait to see more!!
Tracy

Mary Wadsworth said...

These collages are wonderful! love the
texture and colors:)

Mary

Susan - said...

Just found your blog! Love your work!