Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Oh but it started out so nicely........


( This is a new piece I just finished!!! It will be off to The Muse in Frederick)
I had such grand plans for the day...... I was having a friend over for coffee and would be a nice opportunity for intellectual conversation . Everything went as planned until the phone call.
I saw that it was from the school and that could not be good. " Mrs. Prahl, this is the school nurse , I have Reese here and he does not look good." The words echoing in my ear. My Reese had just gotten over pneumonia and seemed to be on the mend. Off I went to pick him up and sure enough ...... he did not look good. We went straight away to the doctors...... and 2hours , 1 xray and a breathing treatment later..... he in fact has pneumonia again!!!! Oh add a dash of an ear infection and well we have a little sick fest going on.
We had just gotten to the pharmacy and he said that his tummy did not feel well. Quick... I had to move fast. I dumped the contents of his lunch and handed him his Froggy faced gogglie eyed lunch bag. He aimed well and it all was contained in the bag. I wiped my brow because a split second more and I would have spent the entire afternoon and most of tomorrow , cleaning my car! The boys are so upset by the demise of the gogglie eyed Froggy faced bag. There is no possible way that I could clean it and attempt to serve food in it again! As a mother we have to make tough choices ......... the Froggy bag had to be sacrificed.
Talk to you soon,
Courtney

7 comments:

We Blog Artists said...

Oh, poor you and your little guy...we just went through a month of our little girl being sick, flu,ear infection...colds...it seemed to never end.
Wishing all those well wishes to your family!

CDScott said...

Pat yourself on the back for handling this day with true grace! What a great mom! I enjoyed our coffee and conversation. Thanks for your ear and words of objectivity. I hope R feels better soon.

dkbeins said...

Good timing on the froggy bag! Too bad. he was a good froggy.
Oh...the experiences we never imagine we'll have. Looking forward to our upcoming coffee date, whenever that will be...it's in my book

Jennifer DeDonato said...

Poor bag...I hope Reese gets to feeling better very soon.

Alisa said...

Love this image!

Elizabeth St. Hilaire Nelson said...

I really like the phone books in the background! Thanks for your kind words about my birds! LOL I like your illustrative technique.

julie king said...

i'm playing taps in my head for the froggies! hope he feels better soon!