Saturday, October 9, 2010

Yikes!!!

It has been tooooo long since my last post. About mid-week I was so exhausted after homework,dinner, practice, laundry..... I went to bed early. This is very unusual
for me. I treasure my night time get away to the computer or my creative zone!
I do have some things to show despite my lack of production.


You can not see the words at the top very well,
"It is woven of memories...living side by side...home."

This one is still a work in progress. I layered square pictures of sky photographs
I took, covered them with thin white tissue, and then put a coat of blue and
white on top.

I have some thoughts swirling around in my head. I am going to break out of both my color palette and my subject matter. I have noticed that my work is very controlled sometimes. Of course being the nature of collage, it is a bit chaotic, however I do not fully let go. Notice the organization of miss matched papers.... the balance of it all.
I am not changing my style , I just need to do something out of my comfort zone to
re-group and get fresh ideas.
I will keep you updated on how all this turns out!
Talk to you soon,
Courtney

1 comment:

E Makes Art said...

Love the top piece! And have fun letting go and changing it up a bit...we all need to stretch ourselves from time to time, that's how we grow...and have aha moments! Enjoy!

Esther